Friday, January 23, 2009

President Obama's Inaugural Address

First off, let me start by saying that I'm honestly not into politics. It's just one of those things that I know I should be informed about, but I'm not. I used to think that politics didn't apply to me. Once I entered college however, I've become a bit more informed and realized how ignorant I was to the world around me. I know that it is important to become more aware of what's going on in our nation and learn more about important issues, especially in this day and age when so much is happening in politics. It's exciting to think that I was part of the making of history, as I witnessed the inauguration of our first African-American president. As I watched President Obama make is inaugural address, I thought about how long we've come not only as a nation, but as people. As human beings we learn to adapt to change, and with Obama we definitely asked for that change. The following are just some quotes that I liked from his address:

"On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord."

"In reaffirming the greatness of our nation we understand that greatness is never a given. It must be earned."

"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America."

"The nation cannot prosper long when it favors only the prosperous."

I am anxious to see what will come next for this nation as President Obama attempts to carry out all that he has promised. This is going to be a very interesting road ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment